Prayer is the most talked about and practised act in most religion across the Globe. In this post, you shall read about prayer as a believer in Christ and in accordance with scriptures and definitely know the essence of prayer
Definition and scope of prayer;
Prayer is referred to as “euche” in Greek and defined as a wish, expressed as a petition to God. The Act of Praying is known as a means of communication(dialogue) and fellowship with God.*The Act can be best viewed or likened to a communication between a son and his father.john5vs30
A noteworthy principle which is of great importance in our daily communication with God is that when a believer in Christ prays to God, there should be a mindset he must maintain which is “LOVE”. LOVE is that platform that eases our communication with The Almighty, not uncertainty, anger, fear or condemnation (1john4vs16-17). When a believer in Christ fellowships with the father, he should speak in love for the Father even as the Father answers in love.
ACCEPTABLE PRAYERS AND SCRIPTURES
God only answers prayer prayed in Righteousness i.e He only answers the prayer of the Righteous Man(the believer in Christ) provbs15vs29, James5vs16,john9vs31
For better understanding, let’s look at this scripture.
Psalm34vs15-17*The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.*The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.*The righteous cry and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Who then is a Believer in Christ?
SOME PRAYER, QUOTES
1. The most important thing a born again Can Do Is To pray – Chuck Smith.
2. Prayer is where the action Is – John Wesley.
3. If I Fail To Pray The Devil Get The Victory. I Have So Much To Do That, I Cannot Get On Without Spending Time Daily In Prayer – Martin Luther King.
4. God Shapes The World By Prayer. The More Prayer There Is In The World The Better The World Will Be, The Mightier Forces Against Evil – E.M. Bounds.
5. One Should Never Initiate Anything That He Cannot Saturate With Prayer.
6. You Can Do More Than Pray After You Have Prayed, But You Can Never Do More Than Pray Until You Have Prayed – A.I. Gordon.
7. No Learning Can Make Up For The Failure To Pray No Earnestness, No Diligence, No Study, No Gifts Will Supply Its Lack – E.M. Bounds.
8. Seven Days Without Prayer Makes One Week – Allan E. Varhett.
9. Prayer Is The Real Work, Working With Your Hands Is Just The Mopping Up – Bishop David Oyedepo.
10. You May Soon Find A Living Man That Does Not Breath, As A Living Christian That Does Not Pray – Matthew Henry.
11. I Would Rather Teach One Man To Pray Than Ten Men To Preach – Charles Spurgeon.
12. The One Concern Of The Devils Is To Keep Christians From Praying. He Fears Nothing From Prayerless Studies, Prayerless Work And Prayerless Religion – Samuel Chadwick.
13. Prayer Does Not Influence God. But It Does Influence His Action – S.D. Gordon.
14. Prayer Is The Root, The Fountain, The Mother Of A Thousand Blessing – Chrysostom.
15. We Have To Pray With Our Eyes On God, Not On The Difficulties. Oswald Chambers.
16. When Your whole Being Is Involved In Praying, You Attract Heaven Attention – Bishop David Oyedepo.
17. Prayers Break All Bars, Dissolves All Chains, Opens All prison, And Widens All Straits By Which God’s Saints Have Been Held – E.M. Bounds.
18. Prayer Does Not Change God, But it Changes Him Who Prays – Soren Kierkegaard.
19. The Name Of Jesus Guarantees Your Access To God, Purity Ensures The Sustenance Of That Access, While Faith Assures You Of Result – Bishop David Oyedepo.
20. Trouble And Perplexity Drive Me To Prayer And Prayer Drives Away Perplexity And Trouble – Philip Melanchthen
21. Prayer Is A Whole Network. The Word Is What Gives You Confidence That God Cannot Turn You Back And The Holy Spirit Helps Your Infirmity When You Are Disorganized And Don’t Know What To Pray About, So You Can Reach Your Target Correctly – Bishop David Oyedepo.
22. The Value Of Consistent Prayer Is Not That He Will Hear Us, But That We Will Hear Him – William Mcgill.
23. Prayer Is Not Merely An Occasional Impulse To Which We Respond When We Are In Trouble: Prayer Is A Life Attitude – Walter A. Mueller.
24. Prayer Requires More Of The Heart Than Of The Tongue – Adam Clarke.
25. What will Usually Pray To God Is Not That His Will Be Done, But That He Approve Ours – Helga Bergold Gross.
26. Be Thankful That God’s Answers Are Wiser Than Your Answers – William Culbertson.
27. Any Concern Too Small To Be Turned Into A Prayer Is Too Small To Be Made A Burden – Connie Ten Boom.
*note: a praying believer will do miracles and even raise the dead, yet might not be able to handle scriptural epignosis accurately… if one must be a teacher of the epignosis of the gospel then study needs to be done… acts 6:4, 2timothy 2:15-Livingstone kelechi Nwabulo